Incisive Media and Investment Week are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
- Fortnum & Mason are certified by the Carbon Trust and their Royal Warrant holders
- Have installed a green roof
- Are removing all single-use plastics and palm oil
- Have regular collections from The Felix Project to reduce their food waste
- Have a mixture of energy efficient lighting in store, including dichroic, Brite spot and LED
- Have a zero waste to landfill policy, meaning that 0% of their waste will be sent to landfill
- They recycle paper, plastic, glass, food waste, cardboard, tin, WEE, and anything outside of this category goes to SELCHP for incineration which is converted into energy
- At Fortnum's they always base their menus around seasonal produce and utilise the best quality produce
- Salmon is Scottish that is smoked in Essex
- Scallops are hand dived Orkney Scallops so are not subject to dredging
- The Halibut comes from the Isle of Gigha and is also sustainably sourced
- The fish is also all amber or green rated on the MCS guidelines
- The blinis and chilli jelly are made fresh in house
- Every major item on the menu is 100% in season
- In order to minimise food wastage only the specific amount of food will be prepped
- All still water will be provided in jugs
- White wine is sourced locally from Cornwall
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit https://ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2/